Monday, December 24, 2012

the importance

In my family this year, Christmas spirit has been lacking - in fact, it was lacking right up until about 11am this morning. 


All types of unexpected trouble has come our way, with money and changing plans - moods have been swinging and home has been the place I have least wanted to be. Even my attempts to decorate the house with what's left of our dwindling collection of Xmas decorations, failed.

Though everything is in full swing now, the past few weeks - my final results coming out, uni preferences and now, christmas - have been tough.

But every year is tough. For everyone, everywhere, there are tough moments. 

But when we are happy, we forget the bad.

I think that's the most disappointing thing about growing up - the older you get, the more you try to relive your past happiness and the more you are let down by the fact that it won't be the same. We focus on our inability to celebrate like we usually do, rather than focusing on looking forward to the celebration that we still get to have.

I think I need to stop trying to exhort such things upon life, and focus rather on moulding what I have in front of me.

J.


No comments:

Post a Comment