Saturday, December 22, 2012

the gift of giving

"It's that time of year again" and I love it. I love it because it gives me a reason to craft! I love DIY projects and trying new activities, so when this Christmas season came around, and all I had in my wallet was Officeworks and Coles gift cards, I knew it was fate. 

Having no desire to buy my friends stationery or groceries, I went straight to Pinterest and spent hours searching for the perfect, inexpensive DIY gifts. I wrote down all my favourite ideas, but I decided to make 'Gifts in a Jar'. Inexpensive, creative and cute - perfect! 

After writing down an extensive shopping list, these are what I came up with:
[with help from various sources]


I've never actually had Chocolate Pancakes, and i'm not really fond of pancakes actually, but I love love love love chocolate and so does one of my friends. Let's just hope she likes pancakes more than me.

Ever get tired of using Milo as your mix for a Hot Cocoa? [I actually think getting sick of Milo is impossible] Well, here is your solution! Fully equipped with 100% cocoa, lots of sugar, tiny chocolate melts and even mini marshmallows, your perfect Hot Chocolate is only a cup of warm milk away!
I found this recipe on Bakerella [one of the websites listed below], and it caught my eye because her designs were so cute! I decided to add my own 'xmas' twist and use red and green mnm's instead of pink. Also, please excuse my poor labels, I don't have a personal laptop at the moment, which means I don't have access to Illustrator, sad face. 

Does anyone still bathe the old fashioned way? In a bath? I'm not sure, but these sugar scrub ideas were too cute to pass up. I've linked the websites below, and you should really check them out if you're looking for things like this. I love that these are so simple to make!


Credit goes to the idearoom.net for the labels.

This is my favourite! The colours work beautiful together! The super expensive paper was so worth it! So many exclamation marks! 
Stupidly, I had attempted to print the label onto the paper, but the paper is coated in something, so it didn't work. I had to attempt to write in the desired font, it worked out fairly well but a bit shaky. No matter, I still love it.

Below are the sources for some of my creations:

Cowgirl Cookies
http://www.bakerella.com/mix-things-up/

Peppermint candy cane sugar scrub
http://www.theidearoom.net/2012/11/peppermint-candy-cane-sugar-scrub.html

Lemon sugar scrub
http://www.theidearoom.net/2012/04/lemon-sugar-scrub.html

No comments:

Post a Comment